Friday, January 30, 2009

It's A Mess In Here!!

I'm leaving for my sister's this evening, and something tells me that it's not the best laid plan to leave a week's worth of mess behind me. My house doesn't generally look like this. I mean it gets it's share of messiness, but I'm seriously embarrassed by the number of days it's been since I've done the dishes. In my own defense, Levi and I have both been struggling with a never ending cold, but really, it's getting out of hand.
Oddly enough the photos make things appear cleaner than they are in reality. I'm starting to feel better about the mess already. ;)
Okay, so this next pic is of my studio/office/bedroom, and I will confess. It always looks this bad. The rest of my house generally stays under control, but this room just serves too many functions. It's on my to do list of giant jobs to tackle.
So, today will be spent cleaning. I'm trying to get happy about it. My general feeling is that if you must do something, you might as well do it joyfully. On occasion that's easier said than done.

I'm reminded of a song I sing to Levi: "Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere. Clean up, clean up, come on Levi do your share." He usually just wiggles his bum to the song while I do the clean up part. It makes me laugh which in turn makes cleaning more joyful.

15 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like your house; it looks so cute and cozy. The colors are very soothing. And we sing the same clean up song at our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your house does look so cute, warm and cozy. :)When we moved into our new place I was so happy to finally have a working dishwasher, but now I just have to take that much extra time to load and unload and there still always seem to be leftover dishes in the sink. I barely have time to eat, so I don't know where it's all coming from! Hope you have a safe trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures pictures...your house looks so inviting! And it's not THAT messy. :) My house looks worse than that when I'm sick! I hope you get better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style of furniture. Your house did not look bad, you should see my office right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will put up some pics of my office so that you can feel better about your mess :) your house is really cute BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I put up my mess...lol feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw it's not that bad! Mine gets a lot worse than that. Hope you got everything done that you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and cozy house! I felt the same way last week and spent Sunday scrubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute post...your honesty is lovely....but while looking I could not see smudged windows from sticky fingers or food crumbs anywhere...hmmm maybe I need to clean my place now... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house is really cute, even "messy"... your messes look kind of charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your house messy looks like mine if it ever gets organized...which is pretty much never.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, I totally relate. Where does the mess come from?!?!? I always feel like one minute the house is fine, and then I turn around and a tornado came through. I think it's worse in the winter, with so many extra layers of clothes getting tossed everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your leather chair!
    and the trunk is great as well.

    glad to hear you are doing better..or are at least on the upswing.

    don't fret too much about the mess. I have a theory that dishes and dirty clothes get together and have babies while my back is turned. It happens to even the best of us! :)

    love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks so inviting! I want to come on in and have a cup of tea.

    I love your decorating style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet clean-up song! I love it!

    And don't worry about the house. All of our houses look like that from time-to-time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!