Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gratitude and Miscellany

First, I want to thank everyone who left such sweet and encouraging comments on my last blog post. Thank you, thank you! I am truly touched by all of your kind words. What a wonderful way to kick off a new adventure in this little life of mine!!!
Now for miscellaneous Levi updates. Today was in the 70's--warm 70's. As in t-shirt kind of weather.
Yes, this is a pic of Levi outside, comfortably dressed in summer attire on a January evening. Hmmm. Tomorrow it's going to be below freezing. What kind of crazy weather is that?

The new rage around here? Stacking, of course. The little fella' has put two and two together and learned to stack 'em high. However, he became terrifically camera shy today, so all I got was this lousy picture of him about to put one block on top of another. Oh, well. Levi's highest tower thus far was 8 blocks high! The coolest thing about being a mom is that you actually get excited about a stack of blocks. I mean, really, when else in life do you get the privilege of getting giddy over 8 blocks?
Have I mentioned Levi's tool obsession? He goes through my tool box nearly every day, and genuinely tries to figure out the uses for all of those crazy objects. He's had some pretty good guesses thus far. I'm thinking with his new found building skills and love for tools, I might just have to put the little guy to work around the house soon. ;)

7 comments:

  1. That stacking thing is really thrilling! Now that Esme (21 months) is getting the stack higher and higher, I wonder why I used to get excited over a 2-block tower - they grow so fast! What a cutie you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, what a cutie! It is weird weather ... everywhere!

    We keep going from -40 to 50+! We're in a warm spell right now so I don't want to complain and jinx it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, 70 degrees! I can only dream!!

    And stacking is such an exciting new skill! Something about them being able to build... It's the starting point for bigger things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...he's so cute in that summery outfit...and yeah, I'm still jealous that you can wear shorts and t-shirts outside in January!! haha....we dare not go outside without at LEAST 2 layers of clothes...plus, jackets, hats, mitts, boots, etc. here.

    And YAY stacking blocks...we've been making REALLY high towers around here recently too...it's so fun! I love being a mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness, it's in the 70s? We got 12 inches of snow last night. Your boy is so cute and I love his name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such cute pictures. He looks adorable. I can't wait to see y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it exciting when they start stacking?!

    We have had some crazy weather too. It was almost freezing last week, today was in the 80s, and I hear tomorrow night will be in the 40s.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!