Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wedding Bells

Saturday I got the great pleasure of seeing my best friend, Kathryn, marry her soul mate, Rupa. The wedding was in the middle of nowhere, but I'd have driven anywhere to be a part of it. It was a beautiful day!
Here we are getting ready for the big event:
Did I mention it was outdoors in the middle of January? Luckily we're having a bit of a warm snap, or I think I'd have turned into ice.
You can't see me, but I'm behind the column to the left. This is the part where her daddy gives her away. That gets me every time. I had to hold back tears.
Of course, Levi came with me. Luckily the bridesmaid dress was nursing friendly.
They announced their engagement in November. They'd been dating for forever, so they didn't feel the need to wait too long. But, that meant I didn't have long to make their wedding present. Yikes!! I've been working on it every spare chance I got, and I finished it the night before they got hitched. Yay!!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a lovely wedding. The quilt is beautiful, I'm sure it is something they will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nursing photo! And the quilt is really lovely! Quilting is next up on my list of things to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the quilt! You look gorgeous. And AWESOME breastfeeding photo, BTW!!! Congrats to Kathryn & Rupa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful....and what a gorgeous gift you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your quilt is gorgeous! And you are even gorgeouser. Congrats to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. Impressive quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a warm lovely post. the quilt is superb well done!
    You bridesmaid dress is stunning AND practical too - you look so happy standing next to your friend.
    The nursing photo shines with love.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!