Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finished

I finished Sophia's cardigan a few days ago. These photos are actually much truer to the color than those in the previous post.

Picking a button was tough, as you can see....



In the end I liked the red the best....


I tried it on her, but she's the squirmiest little thing ever. So, there aren't any photos of her in it yet. I wish there were because clothes never look quite right on hangers...



Since I had so much yarn left I made her a hat using this pattern. It looks so stinkin' cute on, but of course, there was the squirming issue. Oh, yes, and the fact that she pulls hats directly off of her head. Her birthday crown was in fact snuck on her as she was waking from her nap. She never knew it was there. I believe that's the tactic I'll use when cooler weather hits. Hat on first thing in the morning.


If you're like my husband you'll say, "Why'd you choose a green ribbon and a red button? Why not match?" Hmmmm...I have no good answers for that. Except that I think there's such a thing as too much matching. Ahem...that and I didn't have a matching button and ribbon on hand. :)


2 comments:

I'm so glad you're here!