Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is It August Already?



August is my least favorite month of the entire year. I've tried to like it. I've tried to think up good things about it, but really, it's just intensely hot. The kind of hot that forces you inside by 10 am. This has become especially uncool since having children. Unless you happen to live in Australia (and I know some of you do) then you are probably nodding your head in agreement. So we'll just talk about something besides the heat.

My babies are growing. That's all I can think about these days. Maybe it's the teeth Sophia is getting (and biting with...ouch) or the fact that we watch her like a hawk because we know she is THIS close to walking, and we don't want to miss it. Or maybe it's the way Levi talks ninety to nothing and is actually starting to make sense. Man, for awhile there it was like living with the mad hatter. Sigh. I know I don't want them to stop, but maybe they could slow down a bit. Sophia will be 1 in less than a month which means Levi will be 4 only two months later. Gah.

Last week I was sorting hand me downs into sizes and seasons and marveling at the fact that Sophia would be wearing such big clothes so soon. Do y'all remember when she looked like this?

Sigh

Such itty bitty tinyness.
Okay, enough of my sappiness for the day.
What is it with first birthdays? They do this to me!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is coming up to one already!

    It is hot here at the moment although you will laugh as it is only 23 degrees Celsius. In England our houses aren't built for hot weather though they are built for cold weather and to keep in the heat, so we have been sweltering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my least favorite month, too! It's just soooooo hot! And school starts back, so when I was a kid that was always kind of cool, but also kind of scary. My birthday is in August and so is my daughter's, so that makes it special. But I still do NOT approve of how hot it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well as an Australian I know exactly how you feel - just substitute February for August. We're actually having a mini Winter heatwave here at the moment. It was 24 degrees (c) today! I'm hoping this Spring teaser sticks around but I think we'll have another cold and wet spell before Spring proper arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that heat - we have it in Feb/March though. It's a kind of heat that assaults you as you open your front door :(
    I used to really fight it but now I give in to it - try to do as little as possible (very hard with kids!!).
    Anyway, I love August because here in Adelaide (Australia) it is cold(ish) and (hopefully) rainy :) It's also birthday month for me :)
    Stay cool, hang in there, autumn is coming.
    Love that last pic!!!

    L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One already? Oh she is just darling.. how I enjoy your pictures of Sophia.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!