Monday, August 8, 2011

Back To Those Blessings




I think I'll make gratitude a weekly thing around here. Monday certainly seems like a fitting day for it, so here we go....

: : That weird photo is Sophia nursing upside down. She is my 24/7 on the go girl. Nursing doesn't throw a kink in her plans for constant motion. What I'm grateful for, though, is that I can still nurse her. Because of her allergies I have to stay on a pretty strict (not fun) diet, but I feel especially blessed that I can give her something that is so good for her.

: : Shortly before we got married, Stephan took on a second job so that we could meet a few financial goals. Not having him around much stinks, but the end is finally in sight. Yippeee. It will still be a few more months before he is a single job fella, but I'm already getting excited.

: : Organized closets....need I say more?

: : Levi was at his dad's this weekend. His return was met with peals of laughter from Sophia. She couldn't stop giggling. I love how much they love each other.

: : I scored some adorable fabric on sale this weekend. It makes me grin.

: : The death of our refrigerator seemed more like a lose/lose situation, but we were able to find a really good deal on a new one. And, there's something about opening a clean and orderly refrigerator that makes me happy. Now if I could just keep it that way.

: : Yesterday I baked bread and ginger cookies and made soup and quinoa salad and sauteed green beans. It was one of those rare, prolific cooking days. The smells....oh so good.

So, what are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful that I found you, my sweetest friend! I'm so excited for you to get your husband back soon! That'll no doubt be cause for celebration. And I am also so very grateful for the love my boys have for one another; it's what makes our lives so much richer and more joyful! Love to you, my dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our refrigerator was 12 years old... and leaking constantly... we finally decided it was time for a new one, so I am on that new refrigerator high with you!!!

    So glad you will have more time with your husband soon!

    I love to see babies laugh, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!