Thursday, November 12, 2009

Little Gal Gifts

Earlier this month, two special gals turned a year older. So, of course, there was gift making in order.
My goddaughter turned 5...oh. my. stars...where does time go? The big 5 warrants something special. So, after quite a bit of thinking, I was inspired by Amanda Soule to create a Princess and the Pea set...
The bag contains the book and 10 mattresses...
There are two pockets...one for the princess and one for the pea.
The mattresses are just fabric and batting smooshed and quilted (ha...like my technical terminology?). The doll is hand sewn from craft felt. I've never made a doll before, so don't judge...please. And, the pea is just felted wool roving. With a tad bit of soap and some warm water, I rolled it around in the palms of my hands until it felted....not very long at all.

The next birthday girl on the list is one of our playgroup friends. She turned 3 a couple of weeks ago.
To celebrate the occasion, she got a very soft bunny (made from a felted sweater sleeve)
With a little tail fashioned from a t-shirt scrap...
Both bags were made of fabric from my scrap bin. My scrap bin has been the source of much crafting inspiration lately. It's threatening to take over my sewing room if I don't start stitching...and fast!

Do you keep your scraps from crafting projects? What do you do with them?

Psst...speaking of birthdays...Levi is turning 2 this weekend! You can look forward to loads of celebratory pictures...and, of course, I've been up to some wee-hour crafting for him too.

9 comments:

  1. How adorable! I'm looking forward to all the birthday photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Those are both too cute!! Millie is 6, and I can only just imagine how much she would adore the princess and the pea doll and mattresses and all. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the Princess and the Pea! How adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, madeline! i'm speechless! i can't believe your mades... it looks as if you've been making dolls for years. so incredibly cute! (and that bunny!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What fantastic presents. I bet they'll be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh! Thanks so much for all of your sweet compliments!
    ~Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! You did such an amazing job. I can't believe that was your first doll. It's all perfect. You are awesome! I'll bet they (and their moms) were floored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE these! What sweet gifts. now if I could just stop watching real housewives of orange county and start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the princess and the pea set. Perhaps I will file that idea away for my little one.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!