Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What To Do With A Pumpkin And A Munchkin

...pull out the paints, of course! Pumpkin carving with a not quite 2 year old is out of the question in this house. I did consider it, but sometimes I have to remind myself that there is only one of me...I am not superwoman...and...ahem...I actually don't like carving pumpkins. I promise Levi will get the full on pumpkin carving experience, but we're going to wait on that one until he's old enough to really-o-truly-o help out. Until then we're gonna paint our pumpkins...
That photo above of Levi double dipping...that was the one and only time he mixed the colors. I'm beginning to think I gave birth to a mutant. From that point forward he insisted that I "keen" (clean) his paintbrush every time he wanted a new color. What?!!! I've taught enough preschoolers to know that none of them do that. Maybe it's just a phase. Do they have clean paintbrush phases?
And, the mega-serious look he's sporting in the pic below...that's how he was the entire time. The child did not crack a smile...not even once. Apparently painting requires loads of brow furrowing.
Despite the seriousness he was smitten.
And, the end result was pretty darn stinkin cute!

4 comments:

  1. Awe I have missed stopping by. Life has been just crazy lately. These pics of Levi put a smile on my face. Love that he is concentrating so hard. His pumpkin looks lovely. We painted pumpkins & gourds too. I'm not much for carving anyways.
    As for cleaning the brush, My Lily is a neatnik and never liked being dirty and was like that from birth. She wanted her brush cleaned when she was a wee little one and does it herself now. Eden on the other hand, is always Covered from head to toe in whatever project we are doing and could care less and I have to make sure she doesn't eat the paint or whatever other craft supplies are @ hand. It's funny how they really are so different and sometimes completely opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one adorable little pumpkin painting the pumpkin ;)

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very gorgeous...it's serious business that pumpkin painting...and paintbrish cleaning...wow!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!