Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Painting Fun

We couldn't just stop at a pumpkin yesterday. Levi was so into painting that we had to do more.
The first time Levi painted, I used brown paper as a floor covering. It did its job well but couldn't be reused more than a couple of times. Since, I have great hopes for tons of future painting sessions, I decided that we were in need of a reusable option. As I was rummaging through a closet I found this perfectly sized piece of primed canvas lurking in the back.
It worked like a charm. I'm considering binding the edges with some scrap fabric...just because I'm crazy like that. ;)
If you don't have a random, perfectly sized scrap of primed canvas lurking in your closet, you could also cut up an old tarp or drop cloth. And, if you don't have those lying around you could just buy a yard or two of this and call it a day.
After we painted we cleaned. I think that might have been Levi's favorite part...
The kid is fascinated by the sink...that and the toilet.

7 comments:

  1. Then when he's grown you can frame the canvas as Levi's progressive art work.
    Love the photos of him with the cars too, he looks quite addicted.
    Thanks for the lovely comment about Finn, all the prayers you can give are both needed and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, wait...he has a shirt on, so doesn't have "no clothes" on. haha...sorry...had to correct myself! Either way, he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! He's such a cute little painter! I wish it was warmer here year round so I could let my kids paint without clothes on! haha...but as it is, they'd freeze so we need lots of old paint clothes I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so smart to think of the painting-the-pumpkin thing. And the canvas! I was going to say the same thing as the first commenter-- you can hang up the canvas when it's "full". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah..our toilet gets way more than it's fair share of flushing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so sweet!

    The canvas is a good idea. You are a good mom ...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!