Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beautiful, Lovely, Wonderful...Perfect

Today was beautiful and lovely and wonderful...The weather was unbelievably perfect. Cool. Crisp. Sunny. With that amazing Autumn light.
After breakfast Levi got his umpteen-millionth haircut in Nana's kitchen. Later we had a picnic in the front yard and watched a construction crew fix the road. That was probably the highlight as far as Levi was concerned. He was riveted. People, they had a backhoe and a truck that Levi referred to as a "Big Spay Boddle" (big spray bottle...it was a big water tank with a hose attached)...what else could a boy ask for?!
During Levi's luxuriously long nap I got some much needed sewing time. Sewing makes me inexplicably happy...Needless to say, we were both in good spirits after nap time.
So, off we went to explore and enjoy the day. We wandered aimlessly. We petted the horses. Somebody please tell me, when exactly my little baby became such a little boy. He leans into the gate now and calls the horses in his sweet, tiny voice, "Come on, come on, horsies." Oh, it just breaks my heart...in a good way...if that's possible.
.
.
.
Then as the light began to fade we headed back gathering bunches of Autumn's wild beauties on our way:

We topped it all off by snuggling on the couch with plates full of blueberry pancakes and a bit of a movie. Sigh. I kind of didn't want it all to end.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing day! He probably won't remember it, but it will certainly stay in your heart forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a day that you need to write down (aha, like you just did) and give to him when he gets older. What a sweet day!
    I got allll dreamy just thinking about it.

    I hope you get many more of those before winter arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh it sounds like such a beautiful day!! You have a talent for writing my dear! You made my heart yearn to be there too... :) I must admit, I rather love your land and envy all the nature that surrounds you! Garden eating deers and all.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!