Monday, October 19, 2009

Pillowcase Jambies

More than likely, we've still got a few warm spells ahead of us, but for all practical purposes winter preparations have begun. And,In case you haven't noticed, Levi sleeps sans blankets...even in the dead of winter. I can't convince the boy to cover up. Warm "jambie" pants are on the must have list. You might have seen the thrifted men's pajamas turned mini-jambies in this earlier post. Well, we have more now....
Except these are made from a flannel pillowcase given to my by a friend. (Ramona, do these look familiar?)
The great thing about making pajama bottoms out of a pillowcase is that you don't have to worry about hemming the bottoms. It's already done for you. Just make sure you line your pattern (i.e. a favorite pair of jambies) up with the hemmed edge of the pillowcase. These really are a cinch to make. I did them during Levi's nap with time to spare.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've made Georgia some pants out of an old cashmere sweater. They turned out great.

    She's getting so tall, I might need a king sized pillow case.

    xo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever and Levi is such a good modle in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm very impressed, super mom! they are perfect! (and do you have to control yourself around that cute belly? i'd be rasberrying it all the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' those pants. and his jackets pretty cute too.

    You go, crafty mama, go! :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I said "Its" instead of "It's."

    Oh me. Oh my. ;)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I meant to say is: his jacket IS pretty cute too.

    Its almost 1am.

    I really need to go to bed. Really.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dera...That belly definitely calls for constant rasberrying! I guess that's the price the kid has to pay for being so darn cute. ;)
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  8. They almost look cool enough to wear out! Nice job again Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! And they turned out SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!