Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Same But Different


Really, things haven't changed much in the past couple of years...




Levi still loves to "listen" to the baby's heartbeat.*


He might also occasionally talk loudly about placentas in public, and he keeps telling me that he wants to be there to catch the baby.** We joke that he will be the first male midwife in Mississippi.


*No, he can't actually hear the baby's heartbeat through a regular stethoscope, but that doesn't stop him from trying.
**His desire to be there when this baby is born is endearing. However, he's a very sensitive little boy, and I am very vocal when giving birth. I think it would terrify him to no end. He will likely be swept off for an outing with Baw-Baw when the time comes.

4 comments:

  1. thats so sweet, he's such a cool kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweetie! The due will not be attending le birth either. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear about kids attending births all the time, and it sounds wonderful in theory. But, I really just cannot imagine having Levi there. I think he would turn into a basket case.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is "vocal" (read = loud) in childbirth. I've seen several births where women are quiet and it astound me. ;)

    We're undecided about if the girls will come along with us for the birth. I think it will depend on time of day/night, how fast/slow the labor is progressing, availability of relatives, etc.

    How far along are you now?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!