Monday, September 28, 2009

Where I've Been And Miscellaneous Updates

After last Tuesday's post my internet mysteriously died on me, and I didn't get it back until Saturday!!!! For crying out loud, people, how does one live without Google? I'm not kidding. I had no idea how dependent I was...okay, so I had some clue. But, really, oh. my. stars. Every time I turned around I wanted to google something. Alas, it wasn't possible, and I really thought I was going to have to break down and head for the library...which is a ridiculously daunting task with an almost two year old on board. Thank heavens the internet people fixed the problem! So, I'm back. Yay! Now, on to the miscellaneous updates part:

:: A deer ate my garden. Bambi stew is sounding terribly tempting right now. Anger doesn't quite cover the feeling of seeing nearly every last adorable plant in my garden eaten and trampled by deer prints. Aaarrgh! I so thought I had the deer problem licked with all the shiny, spiny objects, and oh, yeah, THE DOG!! Oh, well, anyone have any deer deterrent ideas? I'm fresh out.

:: On a happier note, I simply adore Autumn. Lettuce has made a reappearance at the farmers market (ahem, since the deer ate mine), and lettuce makes me happy. I think I might have been a rabbit in a previous life.

:: Levi is saying crazy funny stuff now. When he's not driving me batty, he's cracking me up. The other morning, I pulled him out of the bath and held him like a baby. I said, "Are you my little baby?" He laughingly replied, "No-ooo." To which I said, "Well, what are you then?" And, he said, "Finch Toast." Well, of course, isn't everyone french toast in the morning?

::We'll be heading out to the pumpkin patch this weekend. I can't wait! I think Levi will be in heaven with tractors, hayrides, animals, and pumpkins galore.

Hope y'all had a great week. I'm still trying to catch up on emails and blog reading. My inbox scared me when I was finally able to check it again.

6 comments:

  1. Well, living proof up there on your header that things are coming over all Autumnal-like. Major bummer about the deer. Travel out of the city a bit and we have kangaroo versions over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, that rotten little deer.

    If I could be anything in the morning, I think I would choose French Toast too. lol

    Have fun at the pumpkin patch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you had disappeared to! Glad to hear that your addiction to google is back in full swing. I feel like i'm missing a limb when i can't get online!

    I am sure you will have a blast at the pumpkin patch! Makes me want to go to! Me, Chris and junior in my belly.

    love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bummer about the deer and your garden! I can't imagine a deer trampling our garden. Our biggest challenge is not killing it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I was thinking a live deer roaming the neighbourhood would be neat - they sound positively pesky for eating your ENTIRE garden. boo.
    The french taost impersonater is sounding cuter by the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm maybe Levi has heard all those comments about wanting to eat him right up? Nothing more delicious than french toast in the morning...especially in the shape of the cutest little boy!
    and oh dear your poor garden! I feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!