Monday, September 21, 2009

Laundry Helper

This is Levi's idea of "helping" with the laundry....He tries to help with everything, and the whole while he says, "Help me, help me." The mixing up of his me's and you's makes me grin every time.

Other sweet sayings that make a mommy smile:

::"Hold you me, hold you me."
::"I miss you" -- as a frequent response to "I love you"
::"I zuv ooo" and "I wuv ooo" and, oddly enough, just plain "I love you" -- he pronounces it all three ways.
::"Go work, go work; Gotta go office, gotta go office." -- he says this almost every morning when he finds out that his Baw-baw is at the office.
::"Coffee goo" -- he has no idea what coffee tastes like, but it must be good since Baw-baw drinks it.
::"Da-da. Sit down." -- "da-da" was his first attempt at saying sit down. Although he's mastered "Sit down," he still almost always uses it in conjunction with the original word for it.
::"Eye-keem", "Finch Toast", and "Email Cookies" -- the three most requested (and least eaten) foods in this house...ice cream, french toast, and oatmeal cookies....seriously every morning he asks for at least one of these!
::"D.V. Duck" -- We have a DVD of old, short cartoons that we occasionally watch at my parents house (we don't have a t.v. at ours). One of them is The Ugly Duckling. When he wants to watch it (he'd watch it 24/7 if I'd let him) he calls it "d.v. duck".

Now that his language skills are absolutely exploding, I just can't keep up. I intend to write down every last adorable thing he says, but so often I'm too busy enjoying the moment to go hunt down paper or sit at the computer. Oh. my. there's so much more that comes out of that sweet mouth and so much more to come. I just want to capture all of it in some strange attempt at making it hold still just a minute or two longer. Do y'all have any tried and true systems for documenting all the cuteness?

Edit: I can't believe I forgot two of Levi's cutest, most endearing sayings...He's such a little parrot. I often say "Oh. my. stars." and "Whoa, Nellie!" So, of course, the little munchkin has his own renditions..."Oh, stahs!" and "Whoa, Nayeee!" He also now goes through stores saying "How cute!". Can you tell he always shops with women?

9 comments:

  1. What a good little helper!! The dude learned to say hot this weekend so now EVERTHING is hotta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Such cute little words! And he's such a good helper.. um, in his own special way. :)

    E loves to fold laundry and if there is nothing left to fold he will get clothes out of his dresser drawer and re-fold them.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...I love his sayings - they are soooo cute!! :) And from my experience, they only get cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic to record these for the future. You'll be able to look back and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Violet's favorite is to help with the laundry as well!

    I love the wonderful things they say. I can't imagine the notebooks we would go through if we jotted every last one down. The me/you mix up is one I adore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute and I love the car remodel he must like the wind in his hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just picture him saying, "Oh, stahs!" That is the cutest thing ever.

    I think I might have to start saying "oh. my. stars." just so my girls will say it too. :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he melts my heart! They are just too sweet! My boy still refuses to say *yes* to anything....it's all *no* with just a change of tone....sigh. Oh and he's just started saying *yoo kiddin' me*. Little sponges indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwwwwww - he makes me squeal!

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!