Sunday, September 6, 2009

Because I "Needed" More

I have this sweet friend who works for an interior designer. When she's chucking her fabric samples and swatches he gives me a call. The last time the stash was unbelievably HUGE...as in a truckload. Tons of the "samples" were giant pieces of fabric. It took some major effort to find enough space for all of it, and, despite my best efforts, I still haven't made a very big dent in it. I am so not complaining. I can often be found just flipping through the fabrics...dreaming and imagining.
This time the stash was thankfully smaller and involved mostly sample books. I've found spots for quite a bit of it, and am hoping to quickly use up what I can't find storage space for...
I use tons of scrap fabrics anyway, so many of these samples are the perfect size.
So far, I've made bunches of these...
I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure what they'll become. I also whipped up a few silk pumpkins, and am currently working on a Princess and the Pea play set for my goddaughter. Pictures to come as I get the time.
What do you collect in ridiculously large amounts? Are there any freebies that you just can't turn down no matter how huge a collection you already have? Obviously, my answer is fabric. It's about as bad as a drug. If I could inject it straight into my veins, I really just might. I'm kidding....sort of. ;)

8 comments:

  1. I like your Bunches of These. Brooches, maybe?

    Me? I collect piles of washing. Apparently. I'm drowning in it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes, we are both collect-aholics. Remember how much furniture we had packed into our dorm!?? Hahaha....

    Among a myriad of other things, I'm addicted to clothes. I just can't pass up free or cheap clothes. Quantity, not quality is my vice. Sigh.

    BUT! I have been making progress selling clothes to a consignment shop. (but i won't admit that I buy more clothes with the money I make from my sales...) hehe

    You should see Chris trying to build a closet for us. It was intended to be a his/her....but he is quickly realizing that it's all going to be mine. Along with the guest room closet. And the basement..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha.. my mind is going crazy right now trying to figure out what you can do with all of those samples..

    Will get back to you later once I figure it out. :) And my most recent addiction? Straw purses from thrift stores. I have way too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take almost anything if it is free. I buy tons of kids' clothing because I find great deals. I also have a ton of scrapbooking paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome...I love fabric too...now all I need to do is learn how to sew stuff with it! haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those creations! Oh the possibilities!

    I can't think of anything I collect...messes, perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, fabric for me too.I just can't leave it well enough alone! As if I need anymore...
    I like those shapes - and the sound of the princess and pea play set. looking forward to a peek at that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo you could make a bunch of fun banners they would be so colourful an handy at birthdays of just to decorate!

    I am a collector of all things and have to keep it in check or it gets out of control!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!