Monday, September 14, 2009

A Fall Garden

There are two things that make me sad about Autumn...1) The blueberry bushes are empty. And, 2) This is the last of the tomato plants. The only reason it's still hanging around is because it's in a pot, so it's not taking up precious garden space....The rest were ripped up and replaced with these beauties...
peas...sugar snaps and two other varieties whose names I've currently forgotten...oops!
And lettuce...yum!
I've also got some kale, spinach, arugula, and swiss chard popping up. Can't wait till it's ready to eat. Have I mentioned that I have a thing for food? ;)

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had half the green thumb you do! Rocket is my favorite lettuce. So yummy with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and freshly grated parmesan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very jealous, we are new to this house and are yet to put in a vegi patch and my dream of getting it done before this summer is slipping away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to say what Monica already said.
    My FAVORITE green is arugla, or Roquette. Yum yum yum.

    yeah, i am bummed my nieghbors tomatoes are done. Now what am I going to steal in the still of the night?? Haha (he tells me I can pick them, but i like to pretend I'm a tomato snatcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky to still have a garden though! There are no autumn or winter gardens in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to come shopping in your neck of the woods :)

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love fresh kale so good and good fo ryou too. it is so good in stew . yummo. ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so beautiful! I can't wait for lettuces, snap peas, and winter squashes! (By the way, I LOVE the new header!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good for you with keeping up with planting! I have slacked off, as I usually do by the time fall rolls around. One of these years I'll do better!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!