Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Very Welcome Visit

Levi and I got some surprise visitors yesterday. My best friend, Kathryn, and her cohort/boyfriend, Rupa, also my very good friend, came for a visit. They brought smiles to two pretty miserable faces. Kathryn has been in Italy and France all summer, so that made seeing her yesterday twice as nice. Unfortunately for us her stay in Mississippi is brief. She's going back to SCAD this weekend. Sniff, sniff. Rupa is also leaving us. Another sniff, sniff. Off to Savannah he goes as well. It was only a matter of time. If two people were ever meant for one another it's the two of them. A stranger and more perfect pair has never been matched. I'll miss them terribly, but they promise that since Mississippi is their home-base they will come back often. I'm holding them to it!
We had a fabulous visit, and, of course, I took loads of pictures. I'll spare you most of the ones with me in them. I was looking none too swank yesterday. Levi thought Kathryn and Rupa were pretty cool. He especially took to Rupa. Possibly because Rupa, like Grandpa, is very tall and can help him reach things that the rest of us shorties just can't. Such as the fan cord. . .


Yesterday was the first time Rupa ever held Levi. Rupa has seen Levi on a few different occasions, but he was too scared to hold him--until now. This is a pretty classic, Kathryn and Rupa look. Levi is just caught somewhere in the middle.The three amigos...



Grandpa even got back from yoga (Yes, he really does take a yoga class!) just in time to join in on some of the fun.
Last but not least, here's the one picture with me in it. I can't believe I'm posting a picture of me on a sick day. I usually don't let cameras near me on a sick day. However, this was a pretty special occasion.

No, I don't let my baby drink coke. He found Rupa's empty can, and just wouldn't let go.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you look great!

    Levi is so adorable, I bet it made your friends want to have a baby! At the right time, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline, I love reading your blog. You have a great way of writing that's very entertaining.

    keep it up.

    Also, seeing Kathryn and Rupa (I haven't heard from her in ages, and so glad that her and Rupa are still together) made my heart warm.

    please say hi to her for me...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!