Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flying Machines

Today we had a lovely day. My mom's friend Wanda, my friend, Laurie (also Wanda's daughter-in-law), and Laurie's little girl came over for lunch. Then we headed off to my Alma Mater, Belhaven College, for a fabulous, kid-friendly art exhibit by David Lambert. It's an installation of quirky, fun airplanes and helicopters made of found objects and is aptly titled Airshow. This was Levi's first introduction to flying machines. I think all the pointing was a good sign.
Here we have Nana and the little fella' checking out the planes:
An airplane closeup:
Levi likes to grab EVERYTHING that he passes:
More flying objects:
Look Nana:
For some reason the camera turned things a bit orange from here on out:
Meet my very dear friend, Bob, dad to Leigh over at the Marvelous Kiddo, also Associate Professor and Chair of the Visual Arts Department at Belhaven. Levi thought he was pretty swell. I'm thinking it's the height thing.
Of course it could be the funny faces and strange noises Bob was making:

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Fly would love that exhibit! I still think you look like Sarah MacLachlan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very cool exhibit. Repurposing found objects into art fascinates me.
    Levi is so cute pointing at everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Looks like a great show. So fun to see my dad with Levi! Looks like they've taken a shine to each other, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Great pics Sis. Looks like he enjoyed the exhibit and Bob.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!