Sunday, September 14, 2008

Inspiration

This weekend I went fabric shopping. It's a dangerous thing for me to do. I generally come out with more than I need, and that more than I need gets stacked on other piles of more than I need. But those piles make me grin ear to ear. I am a self-confessed fabric junkie. I just love the stuff. Recently I took a hand applique and quilting class at a fabulous local quilting store. Mmmm...I am officially hooked. I also took a machine quilting class, but my machine and I don't get along nearly so well as we ought to. It's me not the machine. Oddly enough, I have more patience with hand work than I do with machine sewing. Maybe it comes from watching my mother finish off sewing projects by hand-those tiny, pretty stitches just make my heart do something funny. So here's the new fabric stash:

Believe it or not, I only went out to get one piece of fabric to finish off a mini-quilt I'm working on. I'm telling you--me and fabric stores, we're just DANGEROUS! I even bought thread that I didn't need. However, I have already used the thread, so maybe, subconsciously I knew that I needed it.
I'd show pics of the pieces I've been working on, but I can't seem to photograph them even halfway decently. The pictures come out awful! Does anyone have any tips on photographing quilted items?

2 comments:

  1. ooh, fun! i love the fabric stash and i can't wait to see pictures of what you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric looks awesome! No wonder you couldn't leave without it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!