Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Babywearing Stash

So Stephanie at adventuresinbabywearing.com wanted to see people's sling stashes. Here's mine--well most of it. You'll notice I went a little bananas making slings, but a girl's gotta have one for every outfit!

From top left green eyelet homemade ring sling, blue eyelet homemade ring sling, black homemade wrap carrier, blue homemade wrap carrier, black Moby Wrap.

From bottom left black and silver homemade ring sling, Apricot homemade ring sling, brown homemade ring sling, and the Peanut Shell (which was retired by the time Levi was a couple of months old--he hated it). Missing is the Chicco carrier which is similar to the Baby Bjorn. Levi loved it, my back not so much. It's since been retired and apparently lost. Oh, and that's Stella, Levi's favorite kitty cat.



So here's Levi in the blue ring sling:



And here we are sporting the oh, so comfy Moby Wrap
Awake:


And asleep:


I have two lovely mei tais on the way. They should get here sometime in the next few days. I'm soooo excited. I'll post pics once they get here. So, that will bring my stash to 12. Is that excessive?
If I could only have one (I haven't tried the mei tais yet, so I might change my mind) I'd say the moby wrap. It's super comfy, although a little warm for the summer months, and very versatile. Once you get the hang of wrapping it up, it's a cinch.
If you have a baby and you haven't tried wearing the little munchkin, I highly recommend it. Not only does it create a much happier baby, it creates a much happier momma too. It's like having an extra pair of arms, and it quickly calms a baby whose decided to have a fussfest. It's also way easier on your back than carrying the kiddo in your arms.

1 comment:

  1. Not excessive at all! Beautiful and impressive, actually! : )

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!