Thursday, June 26, 2008

Busy, Busy Bees

This week's been pretty wild--nothing terribly interesting just busy! All week I've been teaching an art camp for elementary age students. Which would be easy, breezy except it's a 45 minute drive just to get there, and on top of that I have to build in time for nursing. My very, very sweet mother follows me and Levi everywhere and takes care of him while I work, so I can still nurse him. She's certainly a dedicated Nana!
So, here's a photo of the cuties I've been teaching this week. They've been a really fun and funny group of kiddos.

And here are their lovely paintings from today. They got to mix all of their own colors. They really got into experimenting with all the different and beautiful variations of colors they could get out of red, blue, and yellow.

I really enjoy teaching art lessons. I just don't so much enjoy the driving part. Driving that much really wears me out. It makes it all the more tiring that Levi and I are still recovering from last week's cold. Those things just drag on forever! Luckily Levi doesn't seem to really notice his congestion. He's just as happy as can be.
He's becoming so playful. I'm just amazed at the transition from this itty, bitty, mostly sleeping, generally quiet newborn to this very lively, funny, playful, and very noisy infant. What a wonder to behold!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! You look like a great art teacher too. :) Enjoy the new, more playful stage with Levi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your mother deserves a gold start! It's amazing the system you and she have worked out.

    I love seeing the kids' paintings! They really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom are models of motherhood! It is so wonderful what you are doing with your own little guy... as well as with your students!

    Enjoy each moment!

    Sharon - Pinks & Blues

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!