Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Making a Momma Cry

So today I finally had to face the mound of baby clothes that no longer fit Levi. I've been putting this off for months because the first time I had to put away his tiny clothes, I cried. He's grown so fast. As a newborn all the newborn clothes swallowed him whole. Now at 6 1/2 months he's already beginning to fill out the 18 and even 24 month clothes. Where did my teeny tiny baby go?
By the way, getting rid of things is not my specialty. If there's a pack rats anonymous I should join it. I live in a very tiny house, so this tendency to keep things doesn't serve me well. I spend more time battling stuff than I would like to admit. I go to get rid of something and think of 50 reasons not to.
On occasion I have to resort to calling my very sweet, organized momma to come help me do battle. This might turn into one of those occasions.
Here's the original pile:







I did manage to divide it into two piles keep (to the right) and give away (the measly pile to the left):













The keep pile is now a work in progress. I've divided it into two more groups. The "You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands" group:



And the "I'm having pangs in my heart thinking about getting rid of it, but I might consider it" group:

This is where I get stumped. I simply don't have room to keep everything. I am not yet willing to become one of those packrats with stuff piled so high their house turns into a maze. A pretty, stylish home is definitely something I'd like to maintain, and the maze look just doesn't quite fit with that. I'm thinking my mom might be getting a "Help me, Help me, Please, Help me!" phone call sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!