Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mississippi Summer--Sticky but Beautiful

My Summer Top Ten--despite the sticky, split pea soup kind of heat that Mississippi is known for summer's still got its perks. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. My baby's toes--because they are so much cuter sans socks.
2. Fried Green Tomatoes--not the movie--the real veggie variety.
3. Homegrown tomatoes--screaming, fire engine red, and absolutely yummylicious.
4. Getting to wear flip flops and sandals without people asking me if my feet are cold.
5. Air conditioning--because although summer is lovely and has many wonderful perks, Mississippi gets mighty sweltering.
6. My Birthday--which oddly enough seems to come faster every year.
7. The blueberry bushes in the back forty which will soon be full of fabulously delish and exceptionally beautiful, big, fat, juicy blueberries.
8. Homemade Blueberry Pie--believe me the minute those blueberries plump up and turn blue, Levi will get his very first sweltering hot blueberry picking experience, and once I've cooked up a lovely blueberry pie he can watch me eat it. Someday his momma's blueberry pie will be his favorite.
9. Spiderwebs--not the one's that I've been doing battle with on my front porch, but the one's that are out and about gloriously, glistening in the sun and fully visible so you don't run headfirst into them.
10. Green--I love green, and Mississippi is always green. Even in the winter there's still a good bit of green, but when spring and summer hit the green just sings. It's beautiful!

If you want to play along click on over to Mama's Nest. I found out about this meme at this lovely blog.

3 comments:

  1. Great list...I ADORE summer...the heat and all. :) And I definitely love your #1...baby toes are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes- fried green tomatoes for me, too. And anything green... you are right! :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! You make me wish I liked tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!