Friday, November 14, 2008

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today, I got a huge surprise. I was having a baby! It wasn't the baby part that was a shock, it was the fact that it was going to be the next morning. I was sure he wasn't coming for another couple of weeks. When I went in for my regular pre-natal appointment, my doctor figured out that my body was running out of amniotic fluid, which is a bad thing. So that night I went to the hospital. I'm going to skip the painful and gory details because they really are painful and gory. Suffice it to say that Levi entered this world via emergency c-section after 10 hours or so of labor. Despite the pain and gore of it all, when they popped that little munchkin up above the curtain, my heart melted. I've never been so darn stinkin' happy to see anyone.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! New to your blog, found you via Bird Bath. Congratulations on your cute little Levi and happy 1st bday to him! He is lovely and looks very comfy in all his baby slings! My first baby Caleb was also born via emergency c-section after a long labour.. that was over 4 years ago now, time flies hey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Levi! Congrats on being a great mom, Madeline -- birthday blessings and celebration to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1st b-day Levi! :) I hope you have/had an AWESOME day celebrating with your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bday, little buddy! Great pics! I love preggers bellies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Happy Birthday to Levi! You were just the cutest pregnant lady ever! I love reading about your and Levi's life. It truly warms my heart and makes me feel happy to see how much in love you are with your little boy. You both deserve a lifetime of happiness! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you sure look happy about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!