Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lovin' Those Sweet Hugs

My heart hurts a bit every time my little fella' grows out of an outfit or becomes a little more independent. I am grateful beyond words for these things as well, but what mother doesn't want to hold onto her baby just a little longer. The first moment I laid eyes on him is forever etched into my memory. Like most moms, I thought he was the most beautiful and perfect little critter I'd ever seen. I can't believe how much he's grown since then.
All that being said, there are perks to this growing up thing. There's nothing in the world like hugging your newborn baby but when he starts to hug you back...well, now, there's something to write home about.

4 comments:

  1. that is the sweetest thing I ever saw.

    !!! you're a beautiful mother Madeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I love the sloppy kisses and when Evelyn pats me on the back! Great photos - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those pictures - they are so precious!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!