Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lost and Found

It's funny how attached we can become to photographs. Due to a computer glitch I thought I had lost a large number of pictures from Levi's first few months. I was devastated. Despite knowing that the memories still exist without the pictures, I still felt as if I had lost a few months of my baby's life. I had finally come to grips with the loss when, to my relief, I found a file folder on my dad's laptop where I had saved a spare copy of the photos. I was delighted.
I discovered the loss when I began trying to find some bath time pictures for a scrapbook. They were nowhere to be found. I save my photos on my computer as well as on an external hard drive, so I was shocked when I couldn't find these. I distinctly remembered taking the pics. Then I started noticing more photos that were missing. My heart sank. It was days before I thought to look on my dad's laptop. I don't know how they got there. I thought for sure I wouldn't find them, but there they were safe and sound. I'm now considering getting a second external hard drive. Is that a little neurotic? Maybe, but I hate that heart sinking feeling. It's just rotten.
Here are my favorites of those bath time pics that sent me out on the hunt for the lost photos.



4 comments:

  1. Baby bath time is the best, isn't it? And wow, what a beautiful bath you have!

    I have lost photos of my kiddo, too, so I know the feeling. I'm glad you found yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM goodness, those pics are really sweet. I learned about losing computer pics the hard way :( now I save my files onto discs every 6 months. BTW thank you for the great feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found those photos...they're very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!