Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Book And A Sweeping Story

His new favorite book...What Do Wheels Do All Day...Are you surprised? Vroom-vroom. I think boys are born programmed for this stuff!
On another unrelated note (have you noticed an inordinate amount of unrelated notes in my blog posts lately? What's up with that?)...Anyway, sometimes little boys are rambunctious and slightly difficult to deal with. And, then other times they do things that are so utterly and completely sweet they nearly have you in tears. A friend from church gave us a bunch of corn. We got a little assembly line going to get it prepped for freezing, and Levi's job was to throw the cobs out after they had been shucked and cut. He was faithfully working away until there was a lull in cob production. Boredom quickly ensued. So, I asked him to pick up the silks and husks that hadn't quite made it to the trash can. He walked off. My thought...Argh! Now it's going to be chase the munchkin time, and all I want to do is finish getting this pile of corn in the freezer!!! I called to him a couple of times, and just when I was about to go hunt him down, he reappeared...with a broom in tow.
He swept and swept...and then proudly walked over to the door to "sweep" the dirt outside (which is exactly what he sees us do). Not a single bit of trash made it into the trash bin or even outside, but the effort he put into trying to help nearly had me in tears.

14 comments:

  1. awww what a sweetie!!!! So good for the little men to learn about keeping house! Wish my big man had :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time! You have one awesome kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that is too incredibly precious....wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness...priceless....don't miss a thing do they...clever little dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute & helpful! Lovely blog you have. Just thought I'd drop by and say hi!
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cute. I love it when kids try to "help" and work so hard at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It melts my heart when they are so thoughtful...makes all of that other stuff worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet heart! And unrelated notes work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so sweet, and good for him to think to get the broom, corn silks are hard to getup sometimes, they are sort of sticky.

    Looks like you have a great little helper, and yum on all the corn in your freezer nothing better then fresh shucked:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aren't you so glad for digital cameras?

    that is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that. I've gotta teach the dude to sweep. Maybe I should let him learn how to walk first. Hmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! This melts my heart.

    I don't know what it is about things with wheels, but that's about all my son wants to play with!

    After having son #2, a friend sent me this Bible verse I felt compelled to share with you for some reason.

    "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." Psalm 127:3-5.

    Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh. my. goodness. how do you deal?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so sweet. My girls are nuts about the swifter (or is is swiffer).

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!