Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fresh and Ripe

Aunt Annie came into town this weekend, so of course we had to pick blueberries for her to take home. Despite the fact that we can't possibly pick all of the blueberries on our bushes, her suggestion was to plant more. She said that in all seriousness too. Like we need more.
There are so many of them we're swimming in a sea of blue.
And there not even all ripe yet!
Levi loves them. This makes a momma very happy....except, of course, during dirty diaper time. Yuck!
And, since it was HOT as hot can be we opted for outdoor air conditioning while picking.
Levi finally just plopped himself in front of the fan and called it a day.
Hope y'all are having a smashing summer.
Oooo...guess what? It's been raining lots and lots. With that icky awful drought, we were beginning to think rain was a thing of the past. The pitter patter of rain on the tin roof just makes my day.

16 comments:

  1. mm look at all those blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm with you on the diapers. Gave the dude rainbow goldfish crackers. Boy was that pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. D LOVES blueberries and I do NOT love the diapers from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious sound that pitter patter! I understand the excitement it can bring living in our dry continent. Your outdoor air con is hilarious..love it!! Can there really be too many blueberries? Ha! So yum...I wish we could grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love blueberries and oculd eat them all the time too, good for Levi on taking advantage of the outdoor aircon system:-) Enjoy visitng with your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heaven, i tell you. i sure wish we lived close by so that we could walk to each others' houses and pick veggies and blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yumm! I too love the pitter of rain on our tin roof. Such a blessing for me, I live in the rain forest. Lots of rain, but no yummy blueberries.

    Nice to meet you, have a great day pickin' even more.
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum to those blueberries...they are pretty scarce around here. We planted a couple of raspberries in our yard. I'm dreaming of raspberries by the bucketful!

    and yay for the rain, it really is a precious commodity in our part of the world. Luckily it looks like this winter will end the worst drought we have had on record.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my boys would be going wild over all those blueberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blueberries! They are so preeeety too. I am more than a little envious. Also, can I live in the pretend imaginary blogger-compound neighborhood with you and Dera? I don't have any produce to offer up but I can provide entertainment or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, We would be delighted to let you entertain us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An outdoor fan, genius idea!

    Love that you have blueberries. They simply won't grow here, among many other things. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for blueberries! How lovely!

    I can hardly imagine needing A/C outside, as we are experiencing the coolest July on record in 40 years up here in our neck of the woods. Not making it out of the 70s, but I am wishing for some heat as we'd really like a good harvest of peppers and tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally dealing with the blueberry diapers here too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!