Friday, July 17, 2009

Levi Meets All Manner Of Beasts

I read Dera's post on the Hornworm attacking her precious tomatoes, and I thought, "Gee, I'm so glad mine are Hornworm free...nasty little buggers." And, then holes began to appear in my precious babies (to clarify I'm referring to my tomatoes here not my actual child who I promise is more precious than a tomato or even a whole bunch of tomatoes). I began to suspect but couldn't find the culprit. Oh, they are sneaky creatures. Then one day I was minding my own business, and my mom came to the door bearing a stick with this lovely but nasty Hornworm. Of course I grabbed my camera because really how could I not. But before I could get a good shot of the beast, Levi grabbed him and started playing with him. Guess what, peeps? These critters apparently bite. Levi let out a shriek and flung him to the ground. So this is the only picture I've got...the beast having been knocked around a bit in the dark under a magnolia tree where he will probably die...there are no tomatoes near this magnolia. I'd say good luck to him, but then that would in essence be wishing him back to my tomatoes. So, instead, good riddance! And, speaking of biting...Levi sustained his first snake bite yesterday. I've gone a whopping 28 years without any snakes getting that pleasure. My kid however only made it 20 months. For those of you who might be ready to panic at this point it was a non-poisonous snake, and my child actually inserted his finger into the snakes mouth. Oh. yeah. That's definitely my kid. God bless him! I think he learns things the hard way.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my I knew your kid was sweet but he must be completely yummy!

    Those worms bite?!?! eeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...he really stuck his finger in the snake's mouth?! he's a daring one, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my yes that had be inhaling sharply...we have quite a few non venomous varieties here but chances are you come face to face with the nasties first...of which we have heaps. Oh no...snakes yipes...I could never befriend snakes! Poor little Mister...but I guess if you're going to try and tickle their taste buds it's bound to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. unique snake with pretty colour ever. =)
    but still... it is a wild animal..
    be carefullll...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least he's not afraid of them...(even though he now KNOWS they bite)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES! You can't just throw that snake biting baby line in when you have Australian readers! We just all fainted on the spot. Thank goodness for the non-venomous versions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Poor Levi! Hope the little guy is okay. He's managing to get all kinds of bites! I guess that's a boy for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Nooooooooooo. You are such a brava mama. I would have totally freaked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember getting bit by a snake as a child...it was more scary than it hurt. Still, I'd hate to have it happen again.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!