Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tree Shopping

As you will probably see in the coming weeks, my tree is fake--as in REALLY fake. Think tinsel. However, for years I have insisted that my parents not buy a fake tree. I know--hypocrisy. Shocking! I love going to the tree farm and picking out a tree. It's one of those traditions that I just can't bring myself to part with. Last year, I really wanted to take Levi on his first tree shopping excursion, but we were all so tired from adjusting to a new baby that we skipped it. So, here, for your viewing pleasure, is Levi's very first jaunt to the Christmas tree farm. They even had a hayride!
My Aunt Carol came up for Thanksgiving and stayed for this fabulous little adventure:
Aunt Annie and Nana are hiding behind the camera.

3 comments:

  1. That is one nice tree...good pic.
    Thanks for all your warm and encouraging messages..they make my day..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a real christmas tree a lot. I think we got one once or twice growing up. DH is too much of a pragmatist to go for it. Only thinking of the dropping needles, not enough thinking about that wonderful Christmassy smell. So our tree is very fake too. But I love my parent's fake tree- it's so cute and conjures up CHristmas memories even though it is plastic. So there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, thanks for stopping by Momtrends and joining in the Holiday Giveaway Event. Now bout the post. We just started going on a tree adventure last year and chopping down our own tree. My older daughter thinks it is so great. A fun tradition for these city kids. And for any readers out there checking comments. There are two amazing contests ending today:

    Automoblox prize (worth more than $100)

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/12/automoblox-contest.html

    And U*neaks sneakers ($34.99)

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2008/11/uneaks-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!