Friday, December 12, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Yesterday, we had quite a rare treat. It snowed! And, when I say snow, I don't mean the pitiful little flurries that we occasionally get. I mean snow, snow--all day long giant flurries of beautiful winter white snow. The whole place was blanketed. Levi was glued to the windows practically all day. However, he wasn't quite as impressed when we actually went out into the snow.
I love that all of my potted plants look like iced cupcakes:The most impressive part about this snow is that it's the second snow in Levi's life. It almost never snows that frequently in Mississippi. I hope the snow quota isn't used up for his childhood. Here are a couple of cute ones from his first snow. You can tell how impressed he was then.
All of these lovely photos were taken by the ever fabulous Aunt Annie.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! My kids haven't been too keen to be out in the snow until about age 2 1/2, then they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, just come on up to pennsylvania and get in on our snow quota. I promise, there's enough to go around.

    really though, i wait and wait for it to snow, and then when it does, there's so much and it's stays so long that I anxiously look out the window and pray for spring to come early.

    that is, of couse, after my fair share of snow angels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! Looks like so much fun.
    I wish it would freakin' snow HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snow pictures are so beautiful! We've got a TON of snow here...and will have for the next 5ish months...so feel free to come and visit and play in our snow any time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love those photos! Especially the one of the holly. The bright colors surrounded by white are just so striking.

    I heard about the snow in the South and wondered if people there were loving it or hating it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...perfect pics.
    I am here in the smallest nighty and hot. You are there in the cold getting warm and we get to share it.
    I loved this...i would love to have another cold christmas...they are so special....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics! I am a bad mom - we have had snow for a good 10+ days and I still have not taken Evelyn out to enjoy and experience it! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any & Carlos said...
    LEVI,YOU ARE ENJOYING THE SNOW WITH MOM AND BOTH OF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL IN THOSE PICTURES.WE LOVE IT SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. I am 31 and have never seen it snow, so Levi is well ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess what?! Three years later, this post turns up on the front page of results on Google when you search for "let it snow" -- which is what I did today to watch snowflakes fall down the page and my screen "frost" over. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!