Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My New Favorite Carrier

Y'all I have found my new favorite carrier. Recently I was given the opportunity to review a Bundleboo wrap carrier. This carrier caught my eye in the past, and I debated for weeks about whether or not I really need-needed another carrier.
What sets this apart from other wrap style carriers, you might ask? Well, the Bundleboo company prides themselves on their very nifty patented safety seat. According to the company's website the safety seat "features roomy and comfortable legs holes built into the center panel. We have blended this exclusive feature within the traditional wrap carrier design, adding security, simplicity of use, and peace of mind while learning to babywear. " Although I consider myself an experienced babywearer, I still found the safety seat to be a wonderful, useful, and important feature of this carrier. Back carries have always made me a little nervous, but the added stability of the safety seat really makes back carries so much easier.
Your Bundleboo wrap will come with a wonderful instruction video to help you maximize your use of the carrier. I thought I had seen just about every possible way to use a wrap carrier, and, honestly, I nearly skipped the video because I thought for sure it couldn't have anything to teach me. Boy was I wrong! I learned so many useful tips and tricks

from that video that really make babywearing that much easier.
Unlike a lot of the wraps out there, the Bundleboo is made of a 100% natural, woven, non-stretch fabric. This makes it perfect for carrying babies of ALL sizes. I thought I had to give up using wrap carriers once Levi hit about 20 pounds. My previous wrap carrier (a stretchy one) started to sag within 15 minutes of wearing him. Needless to say that became very uncomfortable, and I was forced to retire what had become my favorite method of babywearing. I was overjoyed when I put Levi in the Bundleboo and realized it kept him securely and comfortably in position for indefinite periods of time. You really can't beat a wrap carrier for coziness and comfort, and I am so glad to be able to use one once again.
The Bundleboo is not only safe and comfortable, it's also pretty dang cute. This carrier comes in an array of fabric choices. You can choose between a solid color or a carrier with a contrasting fabric panel like the ones shown in the pics on this post. Like I mentioned before, these carriers are made of a very high quality 100% cotton fabric. It is sturdy yet comfortable.
Here's what the creator of the Bundleboo says about the benefits of her wrap carrier:
--Patented safety seat secures your child’s placement in your carrier.
--Over 10 different carrying positions.
--Promotes breastfeeding by offering 2 discrete, hands-free nursing positions
--Promotes nurturing and bonding by holding baby close.
--Carries children size preemie to pre-school, up to 40 pounds.
--Provides superior head, neck, spine, and hip support for your child.
--Distributes weight evenly across your shoulders, hips, and back.
--Completely adjustable without belts, buckles or rings.
--Fabric is light-weight, sturdy, breathable, and 100% all natural.
--Machine washable.
--Instructional DVD is included.
--Made in the USA.
--Supports a world-wide non-profit charity.
--Mom invented.
Whether you are a veteran babywearer or a newbie or maybe you know someone who is expecting, the Bundleboo should certainly be on your Christmas list this year. Bundleboo has generously offered all of y'all a 15% discount!!! Just go to the Bundleboo website, pick out your favorite carrier and type in the promotional code Ad_special during checkout.

7 comments:

  1. That carrier looks and sounds awesome...I've actually been eyeing one of these for a while now...but I just can't justify spending the $$$ to get one right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I might just try a wrap with baby #2, if it's this kind. I watched a friend try to put on a wrap once, and I thought it looked too much like advanced origami. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a WONDERFUL review!!!! You two look awesome in those colors! Did Lisa send you washing tips???

    ReplyDelete
  4. bundleboos are great! and the owner of the company is the sweetest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh looking at those cosy photo's is making me miss bundling up my little ones on my chest. I'm a lover of the wrap for baby wearing as well.
    Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks like a nice carrier. I love the colors on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks a lot like my Moby, totally hoping that you get good use out of this!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!