Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teething Update

All the happy thoughts you sweet bloggers sent me apparently worked. I am glad to report that we are no longer channelling crazed chimps. Thank the good Lord. After yesterday's nerve wrenching good times, I for one am certainly glad that today is off to a much better start. Levi is back to his usual sweet self. The only screaming he's done is that I'm-so-happy-to-hear-my-own-voice kind of screaming. You know the type--gleeful but ear shatteringly loud. It makes me grin and cringe all at once.
Levi has spent the majority of the morning feeding Aunt Annie's dogs cheerios and occasionally putting one in his own mouth. Cheerios are about the only food he'll eat for breakfast. His preferences now lean toward foods he can feed himself. At least, that is as long as those foods aren't green. If you do manage to convince him to put green stuff in his mouth, he will actually gag it back up. Nice, huh? I don't know where he gets it because I love green veggies. Until now, I thought parents whose children wouldn't eat green stuff just weren't leading by example, but I think I might have been wrong. I can occasionally sneak some in, but the more independent he gets about eating, the harder that becomes. Hopefully, if I just keep offering he'll eventually learn to love an array of beautifully colored vegetables. If all else fails, I'm considering pureeing the green ones and mixing them into chili-his favorite.

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness it's been a bundle of "fun" for you this week. So glad the teething has taken some respite...poor little ones. I have to say the other day your Sunday morning fiasco gave me a giggle (I never got to commenting)...it is only a Mama who can tell the funniest poo stories!
    Good luck with the veges...you know (just in case you are interested) little ones have a natural distaste (gag) for anything strong/unusual tasting...it's natures way of protecting our young from poisonous things. Some have it stronger than others and it wears off with age....I know that doesn't help with getting Levi to eat his healthy stuff but it's cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, teething is the worst. It can turn the sweetest, cuddliest little ones into bears. I'm glad Levi is feeling better. And I think you're right -- eventually, he will find vegetables he likes to eat. Even if it's just one at a time. :) Fly ate some fresh spinach today of his own free will and really surprised me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he's feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear he is feeling better!

    #1 rule of parenting -- never assume other kids are like that because of parenting. It always comes back to bite you on the @ss!

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with ya on the teething. it's a painful time to say the least....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that Levi is feeling better. It can be so hard when they have an "off" day.

    I found with my kiddos they both have a taste for veggies, but still have their own individual preferences. It can just be a matter of figuring out which veggies and in what form. I never would have expected that they would love roasted beets, but not eat mashed potatoes. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah...teething. Well, I'm glad you're at least having a better day today! Good luck with those green veggies! Tate hates the orange ones for some reason...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!