Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Of Those Days

Yikes!! Teething is about to do both of us in. Levi has been up and down all night the past two nights, and today he was impersonating a crazed chimpanzee. Seriously! I've never seen him scream like that and for so long. I thought my eardrums were going to burst. Not to mention, his poor throat and lungs. Surely he was in pain not just from teething but also from all the screaming.
He's currently sacked out next to me. Thank you, Lord, for that bit of respite. This is not his usual sleeping time, but I'm just glad he's getting any sleep at all. Poor kid! This is the worst it's ever been. He usually gets upset for a day or two while a tooth is working its way through, but even at his grumpiest, he's generally pretty sweet. Not today though. He was in full on thrashing anger mode for large portions of the day. Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing done, and I'm really much too tired to even contemplate doing anything right now.
In hopes of putting this day behind us, I'm posting some sweet mommy and baby pics. Maybe if I look at these and at his angelic little sleeping self, I'll be able to forget the crazed chimp impersonations of only a few moments ago.

4 comments:

  1. Aww...bless his heart, and yours too! I hope those teeth come through soon, so you can both get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the photo's of you two are just sooooo precious. May he feel relief soon and you will be sure to feel it then too.
    Lots of love to you and your little man...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I'm so sorry to hear about the latest round of teething pain. What a drag! I can't believe that babies have to deal with the agony of growing a whole set of teeth, only to have them fall out so soon. Travesty! Well, I hope the little one (and his mama) get some relief soon :) The photos are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!