Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Nap Aches

Phew! He's finally asleep. Levi's naps used to be so predictable, but now getting him to sleep can be such a challenge. He's so into crawling and playing that he doesn't want anything to do with napping. This morning was the worst by far. I nursed him to sleep once, but that "nap" only lasted about two minutes. Later, he got super fussy, so I tried nursing him to sleep again. He bit me. Ouch! That first tooth may not be all the way up, but it sure is sharp and painful. At that point, I told him "no" and put him on the floor while I recovered for a moment. Then he threw a fit, so I rocked him for a little while. Another brief 2 minute "nap". Arghh! This wouldn't be so bad except that he's not very friendly when sleep deprived. Finally a few hours after his first nap should have happened, I decided to live dangerously and try nursing him to sleep again. It worked. The little munchkin fell asleep. Yay!!! Now I'm wishing I could take a nap. Any suggestions on how to get the babe to nap a little easier? And, how do you deal with biting and nursing? I'd love to know what worked for you seasoned breastfeeding veterans.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I always hated the days when Tate didn't want to go to sleep...or DIDN'T go to sleep. Usually there was a reason though....like he had a sore tummy or something. As for biting, I never had that issue with Tate since he only got his first tooth after I stopped nursing him (at 13 months!)...but I have heard lots of other people say that when their baby bites them they just give them a flick on the chin and it seems to get the point across. I'm not sure what I would do in this situation...but that's the only idea I've heard so far that apparently works....

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!