Sunday, August 17, 2008

Moving Day

Not for me...for Annie. Yesterday we packed her up and shipped her off to State for school. (Sob, sob) We're going to miss her tons around here. Although she's only 2 hours away, we've already talked to her 3 or 4 times, and we have plans to visit soon. She starts classes tomorrow morning. Hope it's all smooth sailing!
I left the heavy lifting to the non-baby laden folks and instead took photos, went grocery shopping, and fixed supper.
Okay, so for awhile, the little fella' and I explored my sisters new teeny, tiny yard.


And here Levi is showing off his crawling skills amidst the boxes:It was a hectic day, but it went well. To top it off, Levi turned over a new leaf of cuddliness in the car on the way home. Okay, so generally he's cuddly, but there are occasions that bring out the non-cuddly Levi. Typically, when he gets upset while in his carseat he absolutely does not want to be touched. He'll actually hit me and push me away if I try to comfort him. (Luckily he's generally a happy traveler.) Last night, on our way home, he started crying, and he actually wanted comfort. Yay!! He pulled me towards him, and as long as I hugged him, he was happy. It gets even better though. He has a certain night routine that he absolutely sticks to. It involves nursing with minimal mommy contact--no stroking his head, no rocking, no real cuddling, he just wants to get to business and get to sleep with as little touch involved as possible. So, last night we did our little routine. Levi fell asleep, and not 2 seconds later he popped his eyes open and sat straight up--normally a bad sign. I thought I was in for a rough night, but I was wrong. Instead, he grinned big, scooted himself a little closer, and cuddled. My heart just melted into a big puddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!