Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Work

If you ever happen to need some entertainment for a little munchkin, put a nail in a piece of wood. Give the kidling a hammer, and let 'em go to town....It's guaranteed entertainment for you as well. Promise.
This weekend was simply beautiful. The coolness made for perfect working weather. So, the never ending chicken yard project was tackled...yet again. Levi was the official dirt tamper. He did a pretty swell job except for the umpteen million times that he got distracted.
We spent as much time as possible just enjoying the beautiful weather. Can you hear that sound?...It's the sound of my washing machine not getting used, the dishes not getting washed, and the floors not being swept...not to mention all the other stuff not getting done...it's a good sound.
How was your weekend? Beautiful, I hope!

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed stopping by your blog. I'm going to have to pull out our insect book to find out what those moths are called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh...good idea with the hammer and nail. I gotta try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks lovely. I love that last photo of you, beautiful mummy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for not doing indoor chores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cooler fall like weather too. My kids could hammer nails in a log all the live long day:-) Levi is a good dirt dtomper:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Levi looks like he loved the hammer and nail idea! Good one. I love the picture of the two of you @ the end ;) Glad to see you guys had a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made, I'm loving your hair.
    'so hot right now'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I wouldn't have thought to do this with a toddler. Must ... pilfer ... husband's ... stash ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my boy loves doing that, too! It's a boy thing. Although, I don't know, if I were being honest I might admit I like doing that also. ;)

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good sound indeed...working outdoors...nothing better. Your little helper is as cute as ever! Hammers and tools...a big favourite here too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!