Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some Knitting



During my first trimester just the thought of knitting made me feel queasy. I'm glad that's over with. Needles and yarn are quickly regaining their appeal. I knit these balls for Sophia, and, of course, now Levi wants some. They knit up quickly, so I should be able to manage.

I still haven't finished Levi's sweater. I'm a tad aggravated by knitting the sleeves on double points. They turn out fine, but I just don't enjoy extended dpn knitting. It's tiring on my hands....am I alone in that? The sleeves are knit from the bottom up, and I'm almost certain they get large enough (fairly quickly) for an itty bitty pair of circulars which means a trip to the knitting store is in order. Also, it's a little daunting to do cables with two children crawling all over me, so I need an easy project for when the kids are awake...one more reason to head to the store. :)

Now to decide what I want that easy project to be. Obviously, it needs to be something for the new baby. Stephan was traumatized by having to pull clothes over Sophia's head, so he has requested (more than once) that all of the new baby's clothes open in the front. That does narrow the choices down a bit. Here are a few of the list-toppers...

                                                    Source: ravelry.com via Madeline on Pinterest

                                                     Source: ravelry.com via Madeline on Pinterest

                                                Source: ravelry.com via Madeline on Pinterest


I'm leaning toward the top cardigan. Although, the other two are tugging hard. It'll likely be a last minute decision as I'm standing in front of all the lovely rows of yarn. Which one would you pick? Have you run across any adorable baby knitting (or crocheting or sewing) patterns lately?

4 comments:

  1. I like the last one, but I'm partial to orange. Such a lively, lovely color.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards that one as well. And, I love the orange too. Hope the yarn shop has it!

      Delete
  2. The bottom one! Too snuggly fabulous for words!

    PS. I HAVE CRAWLED OUT FROM UNDER MY ROCK AND CAUGHT UP! YOU ARE CLEVER. CONGRATULATIONS ON NUMBER THREE, SWEETPEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We're excited!!
      And, yes, I'm thinking the bottom one will be hitting the needles asap!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're here!