Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday


Untitled


"Be still and know that I am God."
~Psalm 46:10

A dear friend who has counseled me through many a tough time used to say this to me often. "Be still. Be still and know that He is God." It's a work in progress...this stillness. I imagine that to be still in this world full of busy and chaos is quite the challenge for all of us.

Lately I've been hearing these whispers and rustles. His quiet voice speaking to my heart. I am not always still enough to hear Him above the din of 3 children and life, but I am feeling more and more the need to seek out quiet spaces. Quiet for all of us, the small ones included, so that we might be still and know...know His voice and His love.


1 comment:

  1. I love the reminder to "be still". I even had a necklace made with the reminder. It IS hard to be still in the midst of laundry, and dishes, and children running this way and that, but those are my favorite moments to be still and thankful. That God has given me this adventure and he's going to use me to teach and guide and create a home for these amazing littles. Pretty amazing. Thanks for the reminder, momma. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!