Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sophia-isms


Untitled

Sophia is at that fun stage where she regularly comes out with new words. When I took this photo she was saying, "At, At!" Meaning, of course, "Hat, Hat". 
"Be" is her all around word for food. It started out meaning bread (preferably with chocolate hazelnut butter on it), but it quickly became all purpose. 
Important words must be said with intensity, so "daddy" turns into "Da-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" And, "eat" involves putting two clenched fists in the air, doing a sort of halfway squat, and saying, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
"No" is definitely her favorite word of all....surprise, surprise. I think that comes with the territory at this age. She says it to everyone....even to the cashiers when we're checking out.
I know this is just the tip of the iceberg. A language explosion is coming up soon, and I am so looking forward to that. I remember marveling at all of Levi's new words and the quirky ways that he put them together...still does really. I imagine that no matter how many kids I have this part will never get old.

Do you have any favorite -isms from your own children?

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! Happy Easter!! Hope you guys have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!