Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Egg Hunting

Our church held an Easter egg hunt Sunday afternoon. Levi was so excited about it. This was our conversation the day before:
Me: Hey, Bear, we're gonna go to our church's Easter egg hunt tomorrow.
Levi: Oh, like trick-or-treat!!
Me: Um. No, buddy. Like an Easter egg hunt.
Levi: Okay!! I'll wear my dragon costume!
Me: Baby, people don't wear dragon costumes to Easter egg hunts.
Levi: Oh...well...I'll wear a cowboy costume then.

I was resigned to the cowboy costume when he surprised me and opted for jeans and a "church" shirt which is what he calls all button up shirts...

Untitled

Untitled

Sophia, on the other hand, had no idea what was going on...

Untitled

She collected pecans just as avidly as she did eggs...

Untitled

They both enjoyed their spoils. Thankfully, my kids are slow at these things, so the candy intake is seriously small.

Untitled

Sophia is actually allergic to most candy, so I did a switcheroo in her basket. She got fruit gummy bunnies.

Untitled

Afterward there was some post hunt playing...

Untitled

Untitled

Of course, the climber couldn't resist...

Untitled

BawBaw spotted her, but she climbed to the top all by herself.

Untitled

Look of triumph...

Untitled

I'd say a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!