Monday, February 1, 2010

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

A ginormous "Congratulations!!" is in order for my sister, Annie!!  She was just accepted into Veterinary school!!!  We are so stinkin' proud of her...
 
So, I think this is the perfect post for sharing a slightly gross but, oh, so very Annie story with y'all.  It starts one fine day, somewhere over 10 years ago, when she was still just a kid.  A veterinary show on t.v. had her glued.  I, of course, have always had impeccable timing and walked in just as a man with a glove up to his armpit stuck that same arm up a horses rear end.  My jaw dropped.  My teenage self thought in horror, "Do they really show that stuff on t.v.?"  But, what came from Annie's mouth left me utterly speechless....a very adamant, "That is exactly what I want to do when I grow up!"  And, you know what?  She does that kind of stuff.  Not only can you find her kissing roosters and doing the farrier work for her own horses....
 
And teaching her nephew how to ride those same horses (and how to kiss roosters)....
 
But, her facebook status, grossly enough, frequently entails stories of being covered in poop from palpating large animals.....Eeeeewwwww!  She actually does the exact thing she was in awe of over 10 years ago.

I really can't imagine a gal more suited to becoming a vet.  And, despite all the grossness, I am totally convinced that she is one of the coolest people in the western hemisphere.  Can you tell that I'm a proud big sis?

So,  a very mega huge "Congratulations!" to you little sis!!!  We knew you were a shoe-in.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That is awesome news...congrats Annie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tough job -- congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for her...such a destined path!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing creepy about shoving your arm up a cows butt. After many many Agg camps being a vet came a very close second to art for me. Tell your Sis congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so neat! I thought about being a vet when I was a teenager.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!