Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Visiting and Indoor Camping

Mimi is up for a visit, and the kids are so excited. She's been living in Brazil for the past year, but we're glad she's back stateside for awhile. I wish my camera phone wasn't broken. (Sob.) I've missed some cute photo ops of her and the kiddos. Monday she spent the day with us, and that evening we had a cookout with my parents. I lugged the 'real' camera out and at least got a few cute ones.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The kids found a fallen branch. First it was Fall, and Levi started plucking leaves off of it while Sophia danced under it. Then it was Christmas with presents (balls) under the "tree". Next it morphed into spring with daffodils and green leaves. So often these days the kids wander just out of earshot while they are playing. I don't always get to hear what their sweet imaginations are churning up. It's always fun to get a little peak in.

Untitled

After dinner Mimi headed back to her mom's house, and Stephan and I took the kids home for Indoor Camping Night. Oh. My. Stars. It was such fun. Stephan set the beach tent up in our living room. He had plenty of help. On Sophia's face you can spy the chocolatey remains of the grilled 'banana boats' that we had for dessert.

Untitled

Untitled

Once we got the tent up and the blankets spread out, we made our campfire.

Untitled

Untitled

And, out came the shadow puppets for a little bedtime fun. I got the house and animal templates from here. For the girl and boy I just googled silhouette girl/boy images for inspiration.

Untitled

Stephan told a story with them, and then the kids had a ball becoming shadow puppeteers.

Untitled

Untitled

After a little reading by "campfire" light (a flashlight stuck under the fake fire), the big kids sacked out on the living room floor. The very best part? They slept ALL night long. Usually at least one of them comes crawling into our bed in the wee hours of the night. The sleep was glorious. This will definitely be done again!

If you're interested, I'm pinning Indoor Camping ideas here.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea for simple shadow puppets. I know my kiddos would LOVE doing this!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!