Thursday, October 10, 2013

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes


Untitled

Sunday's Tall Tale:
Paraphrase of the lady leading children's church (at the front of the church): "We should never make fun of other people for what they're wearing. Everyone likes to wear different things and that's okay. I like to wear these fun animal prints. And it looks like Jenny there likes to take her shoes off. But, some people might wear different clothes because that's just what they have. They may not have enough money to buy the latest fashions." 
Levi, in the loudest voice possible with a giant grin plastered across his face: "When we don't have any money, we go hunting!!"

I guess we wear the deer skins? Sigh. Funniest part is that no one in our immediate family hunts. I think he's getting very into the Little House books we've been reading. When I told my mother about it, Levi proudly exclaimed, "I made the whole church laugh, Nanno!"

Wednesday"s Light bulb Moment:
Levi: Does everyone have a mama?
Me: Yep.
Levi: But, Aunt Annie doesn't.
Me: Yes, she does. That's her mama. (pointing to Nanno)
Levi: No. It's not.
Me: Yes. She's my mama and Aunt Annie's mama.
Levi: So, THAT'S why she comes to visit me!...to see her mama and her sister.


Later Wednesday evening:

Levi: "When I grow up I'm going to tell stories of when I was a little boy....just a poor little boy. I grew up poor. I'm gonna show 'em my baby books, so that they can know how people lived. I lived way different from most people. I grew up poor and did different things and had a problem with a raccoon." 
Bwahahahah! I nearly spit out my tea. Seriously. I think someone is taking the Little House books WAY too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!