Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Birthday!

July is our month of birthdays. First mine. Then Lillian's. Then my mom's. And, last but not least Stephan's.
  
Untitled  
 
Untitled  
 
Untitled  
 
Untitled  
 
Stephan's birthday spread. 
 
 This morning I said to the kids, "Hey, guys! It's daddy's birthday!" To which Lillian responded, "No! MINE!!" Haha! She is not into sharing her birth month with anyone else. Hello, two! On the other hand, Levi and Sophia got to work on presents for him. I think this is the first time they've really initiated present making for someone. I'm pretty excited about that. Levi brought in two magnolia leaves, and requested a hole punch and string, so he could craft a necklace. Sophia wanted string and "sparkly things" (beads) to make a bracelet, and of course, Lillian insisted that I make a bracelet just for her.
 I spent a little time in the kitchen whipping up some birthday desserts. Brownies are Stephan's favorites, but the kids think it's not a birthday without cake. On top of that I had promised Sophia some truffles, so a lot of baking happened. Now there are loads of leftovers. There was no way we could eat all of that even with the help of my parents and sister!
 It was a busy day spent mostly chasing little ones and cleaning up after them too, but in the midst of the chaos we made a pretty decent little celebration. Happy birthday, Stephan! You are an incredible husband and father. Thank you for everything you do! We love you so much, and we are so blessed to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!