Friday, August 16, 2013

A Cool Spell, An Almost Three Year Old, And A Doll

Miserable, unbearable, and stifling are generally words that I associate with this time of the year, but lately it's been downright tolerable and cool. The temps for the next ten days aren't expected to rise above 89! August, I don't know what's happened to you, but I like it!

This time three years ago, I was hugely pregnant with Sophia and thinking that I would never in a million years be able to cool off. I drove Stephan crazy by keeping the ac on 24/7 and waking him up at all hours of the night to trudge across the house and turn it even lower. I can't really believe that was three years ago. It seems so far away yet so close all at once.
We'll be celebrating this sweet girl's third birthday very soon, and of course, I'm getting sentimental. She is just as much of a delight now as she was as a baby.....just as vibrant, tenacious, and funny too.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

There have been a few changes, though. She is quite a bit taller and maybe a tad more opinionated, and she's begun to dress herself...hence the boots on the wrong feet!

Untitled

Untitled

One of my aunts made this doll for Sophia when she was itsy bitsy. She's really only just now getting into dolls, and she's been really into this one in particular. Today she named it Lisa...aka "Wisa".

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe she is almost three!! She is just so cute, Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in denial about the three thing. I keep putting off buying party stuff. I'm so not ready!!!

      Delete

I'm so glad you're here!