Friday, June 15, 2012

The Wait


39 weeks

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. The to do list is all done, and now we're just waiting. This is a first. I've never felt so ready for birth and a baby. Pre-labor contractions started 2 weeks ago, and they just keep going and going and going. Nothing terrifically painful, but enough to remind me that any day could be the day. Every night I snuggle with Sophia and find myself thinking, "This could be the last night of her being the baby." Of course, she'll always be my baby...

Untitled

She has two lovely little handmade dolls, but this plastic one is her favorite. She carries it around, nurses it, and sometimes she puts it under her shirt, pops it out, and squeals, "Baay-beee!!" I guess she thinks that's how the one in my tummy is coming out? Oh, the crazy things that must run through their sweet heads!

On a semi-unrelated note, my knitting basket is nearly empty. It merely holds a pair of socks that Stephan has been patiently waiting for me to finish for...oh...5 months now. I got a wee bit caught up in the baby knitting. I think I would enjoy sock knitting if only it didn't involve the second sock which I have, finally, started. Of course, just having a sock to work on postpartum would never do, so yesterday a trip to the yarn shop was made. And, this prettiness is waiting for post-baby arrival...

Untitled

Each time I pass by this stack of yumminess, I smile. If baby waits too long then I might be diving in a bit early. It is so very tempting. For you knitterly types it's destined to become a Rosabell sweater for me. The yarn on top is Spud & Chloe's Fine, and the yarn on bottom is Ella Rea's Lace Merino.

Also, Levi is coming home Sunday! I cannot wait. I've missed him so very much.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of your little bundle. It the meantime, sip some tea and watch your sleeping Sophia and try to stay calm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you beautiful peaceful filled days as you wait for baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you and your family! And our babies are always our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! I bet your arms are just itching to hold this sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you look lovely with that baby belly! :) Sending you lots of well wishes and prayers! Blessings and love as you cherish this time with your kiddos awating the arrival of your bundle of love! ;)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!