Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Beach Bums

A week ago we headed for Gulf Shores (again) with my parents and discovered the joy of going to the same vacation spot twice. With kids in tow familiarity can be such a nice thing.
The weather was a little iffy the whole time we were there. Thankfully, there were no torrential downpours, but the water was too rough to really play in. That certainly didn't stop us from having fun, though!

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

The kids were mostly content to spend their beach time digging and drawing and rolling in the sand.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Are these not the cutest beach babes ever?!...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We did let them get in the water with us for brief moments. Somehow I only managed to get pictures of Sophia taking a dip, but Levi and Lillian had their turns too.

Untitled

Sophia actually slipped out of Stephan's arms at one point and went totally under the water.
Scared. Me. To. Death.
These pics are of her grinning right after that. Sheesh. This girl and her fearlessness. You know what she said when she got back to shore? "I wuv diving!" Really?!!!

Untitled

Untitled

I was looking at pictures from last year, and oh. my. goodness. My babies! They've grown so much.

Untitled

Untitled

Anyway, enough of the reminiscing. My mascara might start running.
There are, of course, loads more pictures. I'll post some tomorrow....hopefully. Since the water wasn't ideal on this trip we found plenty of other stuff to do....like fish, and pet a pelican and some kangaroos, and hit the docks for fresh shrimp and crabs. We had just as much fun off the beach as on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you're here!