Friday, January 4, 2013

The Handmades


I do love seeing such big grins on my kiddos' faces over things that I've made.

A doll for Sophia...

Untitled

Untitled

My mother saved the day by making the doll's dress. My mini-dress making attempt was quite the flop.

Untitled

A beaver costume for Levi...

Untitled

And a little bunny for Lillian...

Untitled

Thankfully my kiddos aren't at the keeping score stage yet because I snuck in a last minute kitten purse for Sophia. They all got the same number of presents, but she did manage the most mama-mades.

A last minute kitty cat bag for Sophia. She's racking up on the mama mades this year.

And then there were the stockings...

Untitled

I finally got around to making one for Levi, and Lillian got hers in record time!

Untitled

 One of the best Christmas presents for me was this conversation:
Levi: Mama, why did you buy me a beaver costume?
Me: I didn't. I made it for you.
Levi: You made it?!!
Me: Yep.
Levi: Was it because you knew how much I like to pretend to be animals?
Me: Yep.
Levi: Thank you, Mama. I love you so much.
(Followed by the biggest grin ever and a bear hug)

 I hope y'all had a lovely New Year! Ours was "the best" according to Levi. Yet another thing to make this mama smile.

2 comments:

I'm so glad you're here!