Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Some Making


Of course, there's been some making going on. It keeps me sane and gives me something to do when the to do list is just too enormous. I suppose the logical thing would be to tackle the to do list, but I admit that I am entirely guilty of sitting down to knit instead.  It's a comfort to the soul...especially when combined with baby snuggling...

Untitled

Untitled

And, then there's the sewing. Every once in a blue moon I get a wild hair to sew clothes for the littles. This set is destined for Sophia's closet. We've still got some warm days left, so she'll get some use out of it. Plus, I made it with a little growing room, so she can wear it next year too.

Untitled

And, then there's this...

Untitled

A Waldorf doll in progress.

Untitled

Eep. I'm totally thrilled about it, but now I also understand why they charge so blooming much for these things. It's not that they are terrifically difficult to make. They're just super time consuming. It's a fun project, though...which is good because I have two little girls, so another doll is in my future.

*The purple knitted bit is a sweater (pattern here) and the pink is a hat (pattern here)
I used this McCall's pattern for Sophia's new outfit
And, for the Waldorf doll I've used a combination of tutorials for the head (inspiration here), and I made my own pattern for the body.


2 comments:

  1. very cool. See, by not doing the To Do List, you create time for creativity. Either way, you're productive. :) --Nanno

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love Sophia's new outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you're here!